Devon Country House Wedding Venue
Huntsham Court is a magnificent piece of history, perfect as your country house Devon wedding venue and unique as the award winning venue in the South West. Whether you want a magical day or a weekend full of friends and family getting to know each other you can create memories that you will treasure for a lifetime without compromise. The whole house is exclusively yours for your entire stay under our guiding principle of ‘your stay, your way’. At Huntsham Court, almost everyone can sleep under the one massive roof in vast bedroom suites so you have a real house party for the whole stay with the wedding as a focal point and all the fun of having morning coffee together in your PJs, secret midnight stacks as well as the big formal moments. We want to be as flexible as possible to enable you to choose every last detail yourself.
Civil Ceremonies – indoors
We are also licensed as a Devon wedding venue for civil wedding, marriage or partnership ceremonies indoors in the main reception rooms including the panelled The Great Hall, the book clad Library, the Bright and airy Yellow Drawing Room and the Diamond Room.
Civil Ceremonies – outdoors
If you prefer an outdoor wedding marriage or partnership ceremony, the Old Dovecote in the garden is also licensed set looking over rolling fields and under ancient trees. Alternatively you can have your ceremony under the arched double entrance doors looking west with your guests sat in the sun on the western terrace. You can even change your mind last minute if the weather changes! Alternatively you can do the legal bit inside and have a humanist blessing or service anywhere in the garden or grounds that you fancy.
If you would prefer a church wedding or blessing this can be arranged either at the picturesque All Saints Church on our driveway (the church even has brilliant bell ringers!) or otherwise there are many other local churches of all denominations locally from cute village churches to grand marble clad ones.
Home from Home
Huntsham Court creates an atmosphere of relaxed grandeur as your boutique country house Devon wedding venue – there are no rooms you cannot enter, no objects you cannot touch and if you want to get married in the Diamond Room, have your wedding breakfast in the Yellow Room and dance the night away in the Great Hall then we can arrange porters to come in and make the rooms as you want them, when you want them – it is your house after all and we are here to do as much or as little as you want.
……once they were married Katherine’s family did not think the old Tudor Mansion fit for their daughter and in 1868 Huntsham Court was built.
Huntsham Court was quite literally built for a bride.
As one of the most beautiful historic wedding venues in the South West the house and house team have many features to ensure your day is everything you wish it to be:
- Five huge main receptions rooms and 31 bedrooms (26 en-suite) sleeping up to 74 people.
- 15 minutes from Jnc 27 of the M5 and ten minutes from Tiverton Parkway
(2hrs to London).
- Licensed Devon wedding Venue for Civil ceremonies indoors and outdoors under the Old Dovecote.
- Banqueting and wedding breakfasts for 120 guests seated comfortably in one space.
- No hidden charges such as corkage or handling and storage fees and no obligation to use in-house catering or other external suppliers.
- You can bring your own alcohol, purchase it locally or request the licensed pay bar.
- You can arrange the event yourself or utilise our extensive list of suppliers.
- Our ‘Things to Do’ page has lots of ideas to make your event extraordinary.
- Good facilities for children and pets are welcome by arrangement.
- There are event planners available to help as little or much as you like.
- Complete flexibility to do it your way.
- Complimentary use of our banqueting crockery, china, glassware, tables, chairs and linen included.