Large Country House rental – Location Shoot
A truly amazing house & location – you have been so kind to us. It has been a dream to shoot in such a beautiful location – the pictures will look fantastic.
Laura Mulley, S Magazine, Sunday Express
Huntsham Court is an iconic large country house rental. An exclusive use, Victorian Gothic mansion in the heart of the South West designed by the renowned architect Benjamin Ferrey and available for long and short term country house rental. The large house was built at the end of the 19th Century utilising much of the original Jacobean interior panelling from the demolished house it replaced.
The house sits in it’s original low walled garden looking over the 5,000 acre Huntsham Estate. Within view there are no modern developments and you can see rolling fields, babbling brooks, ancient trees, the original stable block and the village church. The building itself is stone, with wooden sash windows and high pitched eaves over 2-3 floors. We have 5 acres of lawns and a car park which fits lorries as well as cars.
The main reception rooms all come off the Great Hall and all have wooden panelled ceilings (some with original murals). We have open fires in some rooms and almost all of the original fireplaces, surrounds, panelling, and interior architecture remains. The house is orientated to catch the sun all day with large windows, with almost all windows having the original shutters still working.
The large house country house rental is traditionally furnished but we are happy that everything and anything can be moved or rearranged if required. We have a 4 bed Garden Wing and Gate House Lodge in addition to the 27 bedrooms in the main house, we can accommodate 82 people overnight in our 35 bedrooms and up to 120 people in the building at any one time. We are only hired on an exclusive use self catering basis so the sleeping, filming & catering can be designed around your needs. As well as the main country house rental you can also hire the gate house lodge by arrangement.
Key Architectural Features
- Exclusive Use Victorian Gothic Baronial Mansion by William Burges.
- Village church sits on the drive and has bell ringers available.
- Uninterrupted pastoral views with ancient trees, tended lawns and rolling hills.
- Great Hall with C17th Jacobean panelling, working shutters, granite columns, stone archways and a huge open fire.
- This country house rental has three staircases including the Grand Oak Staircase with columns and archways and huge windows facing North, West and South.
- Huge Drawing Room facing East and South over lawns with working fires and an original mural ceiling
- Large Library with ebonised Victorian bookcases, Jacobean fire surround and leather books.
- 35 Period bedrooms, roll top bathrooms.
- Large period Dining Room with wonderful parquet floor.
- Turret with turret staircase and bedroom.
- Long and short term country house rental.
- Twelve minutes from both Jnc 27 of the M5 and Tiverton Parkway train station (2hr London Express).
- Car park suitable for 38 cars but could fit lorries.
- Helicopters can land on site by arrangement.
- Rooms can be left furnished or emptied.
- Self catered so completely flexible to organise things as you need and want them.
- Available to rent from a half day to months by arrangement.
- A flexible, friendly and competent house team.
- Always exclsusive use.
Key Functional Points